Monday, March 12, 2012

"Disappointed......."

Tonight was a warm Monday evening. It's actually one of my favorite nights. It is Family Home Evening night! A night dedicated to spending with my little family, to teach one another, talk with one another, and to especially love one another. A chance to invite others over and share our love, message, and spirit with!

Tonight my Native American sisters came over and made us a wonderful fry bread dinner. My husband made dessert and I taught the lesson. In our home tonight was Gene (my lil brother), Toa (my nephew), Muzz (our friend), Billie and her husband Felipe (friends), and my husband.

Every Family Home Evening after the song, scripture, thought, and lesson my husband and I take turns speaking. It is usually about our week, how our past weekend was, how we can be better, what can we do different, discussing our goals, and than of course expressing our love for one another and whoever is in our home at the time! Well tonight as we went around the room giving everyone a chance to speak, we get to Muzz, who is a non-member, and as she spoke I could feel tears coming down. Just as they are right now. Muzz thanked us for inviting her over and for loving her no matter our differences. Differences of our Religions and beliefs. But what really got to me is when she said that it is hard for her to find friends around here who will accept her for her, a non-member!

HOW could people be so close minded!? I told Muzz I loved her because it was the right thing to do, not because of what she believes or doesn't believe! My heart ached for her, and I just started crying. I could not believe that this beautiful, smart, funny, athletic girl had a hard time finding friends JUST because of her difference in religion. If anything, WE are the ones that should be embracing her, not only her but everyone who doesn't believe in what we Latter-Day Saints believe. Our duty isn't to judge, it's just to love. How are we supposed to bring the lost sheep to the fold if we can't even love them before we know them???

All we need to know about this beautiful girl is that she is a daughter of God.

Our Heavenly Father has said in very plain terms that he who says he loves God and does not love his brother is not truthful.

There needs to be more love!

No comments:

Post a Comment