Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Learning to Love ME

Well it's been quite a while!! I've missed you, my Blog that is!!

From the last time I've blogged a lot has changed/happened in the last 6 weeks!!!

I am now an employee of jetBlue
I have a child living in my home
MJ has turned 7
Mother's Day happened
Freinds have disappointed me 
Made a lot new friendships
My respect for my husband has grown
Prayers have increased
And after many years I was able to be with my 1st cousins, who I shared my childhood with, all in ONE place!

I will slowly but surely get to all that good stuff sometime.

Someone once told me that when I turned 30 that my body would change. I would not be able to do things that I was able to do in my 20's. Well let me tell you it's been 5 months since the time I turned 30, and although my body isn't perfect, I am still waiting for that "change".

If anything is different, it's the way I feel about my body, my life, the person I have become.

At 30 I truly find myself more and more in love with me, not just any ME, but the ME that I have become!  Instead of standing in a mirror for hours each morning figuring out how to suck that tummy in, or hide those thunder thighs, or what color to wear to make me appear smaller, or even what under garments to wear to hold things in, and how to do my hair to hide those cheeks, I now look in the mirror and thank God that WOW I'm alive, my husband thinks I'm beautiful, and I now, after so long, love the mirror!!

I have been blessed with a mouth to compliment others.
 Two arms to hug someone. 
Two hands that allow me to work at two jobs.
 Two feet that get me around.
Two eyes to see just how beautiful I really am.
And one heart that beats, and loves unconditionally.

If anything, at 30, I'd say that your mind will be quicker, your words a little kinder, your heart a little bigger, your love a little stronger, your goals a little more focused, and your life will be absolutely a little better!!

I can not truly love others if I don't love myself first!!!!







2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post Tini!!! Many words you've shared are words I needed to hear and I'm grateful for that! :) Thank you for being such an amazing example. I have always looked up to you as an inspiration to be a better person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it sis.. esp the part about being in love with yourself.. Your amazing!

    ReplyDelete