Tuesday, February 28, 2012

"My Tears Are Speakers of My Heart"



I can recall almost all the moments in my life when I have cried uncontrollably! The kind of crying where my chest is heaving, where there are so many tears that my vision is blurred, and where you can NOT understand my words.

Last night was one of those moments. I was referred to a blog by one of my best friends. A blog from an individual named Samoana Matagi. What a small world we live in, for I too know Samoana Matagi. I actually just know him as "Sam".

Sam and I know each other through a mutual friend, the details are not important. What's important is that after all these years we are able to reconnect as friends. As I logged on to my laptop and jumped onto my bed, I prepared myself for some good reads. I opened the blog, Samoana (The No-Handed Bandit) Matagi, and started to read. Not even a whole paragraph in and I was captured. Captured by the well written words, the ups and downs and struggles, and especially the emotions that it relay.

My husband was laying next to me listening to me read, and when I stopped, he looked up at me to see why I stopped reading and I was just in tears. I couldn't bring myself to read a single word. It seemed like minutes had passed and I finally brought myself to start reading again. Every word was a struggle to read. The tears were coming down so fast that I had to constantly wipe my tears to be able to see my screen.

Sam is the true definition of a "fighter", a "survivor", one who has been to "hell and back"! A divorcee, who has had BOTH his arms amputated, and STILL testifies of Christ, and continues to look at the positive things in life. Who looks to his mother for strength, the strength to live, and knows that his life was spared to do good on this earth and to be a wonderful example to those who are struggling and feel they can not live anymore!

I can say that I am grateful to know Sam. To know of his struggles, and to know that there is always someone fighting something greater than you are. Like Sam we need to find our purpose of living, reason for fighting when we feel we can't anymore, and to just live!

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Ahh but you just don't know what crying is til I get my hands you foo Bahaha you asked for it.

      Love the blog sis good job

      Delete
  2. Great post sis :) I'm assuming we'll all be crying tonight w/sams news broadcast... tissue pls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam is an awesome person, before and after his accident I still remember his personality being the same. I seen him at flag week this past year and he was helping someone in a wheel chair. He has such a great spirit!!

    -Mua

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing person Sam is! There is definitely someone fighting a harder battle than me. I need to be more grateful for what i have. Thanks for sharing this story. God bless you Sam!!!

    ReplyDelete